Ateho  Elekma

V50 Cruise control installation

• 4 Vastauksia
  • 4570 Lukukerrat

0 jäsentä ja 1 Vieras katselee tätä aihetta.

Poissa secretwpn

• Luxe
  • www.vrcf.fi
V50 Cruise control installation
« : 08.06.2016, 10:42:36 »
Hi guys!
I'm relatively new to the Volvo crowd (briefly had s40 classic some years ago, but was a BMW guy ever since) but now I'm back to owning a basic 2005 V50.
It is otherwise pretty neat little car, but no cruise control option is really killing me on a long trips.

Is there any chance to add this feature to the car?

From what I've understood - the parts themselves (buttons and wiring if needed) are quite cheap, but to enable the feature you'll have to update the firmware or something like that and most likely you are heading to the official dealer that will ask you to pay half the price of car for just enabling one software feature. Is it really like that or am I under wrong impression?

Also from BMW I remember that quite often you have some local guys with INPA or other software tools that can connect to OBD2 socket and change some software in your car for relatively cheap. Is there such an option for Volvo or is it so that only officials have the proper tools?

Appreciate any input, thanks in advance!

Poissa Jukka79

• Grand Luxe
Vs: V50 Cruise control installation
« Vastaus #1 : 08.06.2016, 18:40:35 »
Hi!
You have understood correctly: buttons to Cruise Control are quite cheap, wiring perhaps needed, but what it needs after that is a software and the software costs. I have no idea what it might cost but here is an example: Just changing the language of the car costs over 200 euros, luckily that includes labour.

Some things you can change from obd connector with device which is programmed beforehand via your computer and that device is connected to obd and left there. With that device you can for example enable remote Ebersprächer start from cars original remote, or enable parking lights to come ON when unlocking the car. But the thing is, what I know, is that that device is compatible only with bigger Volvos (V60, S80, XC60 XC90 etc), not V50.
T: Jukka
Volvo XC70 D5 autom., MCS Countryman All4 aut, Hobby 495UFe

Poissa secretwpn

• Luxe
  • www.vrcf.fi
« Vastaus #2 : 10.06.2016, 12:50:24 »
Thanks Jukka! Really appreciate your input.

Man, the officials know how to make money.

What about this VIDA tool?
Any idea if Volvo enthusiasts use it independently or is it only available to the dealers?
(I know that officially it is only for dealers, but I guess same story is with BMW's INPA, and yet local guys got their hands on it)

Poissa Jukka79

• Grand Luxe
« Vastaus #3 : 12.06.2016, 20:41:34 »
Official Volvo dealers uses Vida, and some not-official service who has specialized to Volvo who has purchased Vida license from Volvo Cars.

I believe that only way to get Cruise Control software is to use previously mentioned Vida -places because the software has to be downloaded from Volvo, and without genuine Vida license you can not download anything from Volvo - allthough you are able to Vida to your self from foreign country webshops.
T: Jukka
Volvo XC70 D5 autom., MCS Countryman All4 aut, Hobby 495UFe

Poissa secretwpn

• Luxe
  • www.vrcf.fi
« Vastaus #4 : 13.06.2016, 12:53:25 »
Alright, thanks man!

Puotilan autokorjaamo  RallyBaron